If the Harry Potter Alliance is Dumbledore’s Army for the real world, HPA Chapters represent our battalions. Chapters are groups of HPA members who organize and run campaigns in their own communities. While Chapters play a vital role in our national and worldwide campaigns, they are also encouraged to address issues specific to their locale and contribute to positive change in areas closest to their hearts.
HPA Chapters are active across five continents, 24 countries, and 42 US States. You can find a chapter in your local area by going to the “Find a Chapter” page.
Recent actions include:
- Contributing 900 calls to our Maryland DREAM Act phone banking effort.
- Encouraging people in their own communities to participate in our Not in Harry’s Name petition.
- Organizing book drives for our annual Accio Books! campaign.
- Registering members of their community to vote.
- Coordinating food and clothing drives.
- Organizing local campaigns around environmental and animal welfare issues.
- Contributing to new educational curriculums based around social change.
- Creating campaigns and actions around a variety of source materials and associated fandoms.
Want to know more? Drop us a line at email@example.com