The Wilfrid Laurier University Harry Potter Alliance
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Upcoming Chapter Events
- Unfortunately, its the end of our school year and are in the process of doing hiring for new executives, so we will not be holding any more events/campaigns until the fall. But we are very excited for the upcoming year, and can’t wait to get started on the planning!
Our major accomplishments include:
- LUMOS Campaign (Feb. 2014): Raised and donated $200 to KW Counselling Services, through an art exhibition put together by club members and other Laurier students, featuring paintings, jewelry, and other crafts.
- Hunger is Not a Game (Nov. 2013): Collected donations of non-perishable food items for a local food bank, collected arts and crafts supplies for the Paediatric wing at Grand River Hospital, and collected clothing donations for a local women’s shelter.
- Second Annual Yule Ball (Nov. 2013): 200 attendees danced the night away at the magical final event of our HING campaign.
- CO Emma Morrison awarded Best President from the WLU Student’s Union and Campus Clubs for the 2012-2013 school year
Our Mission as an HPA chapter
The WLUHPA aims to unite students under the common banner of fandom as a means of making our campus, community, and world a better place. We aim to raise awareness for, and combat social justice issues in a way that is accessible and fun for all students. We encourage diversity and welcome all.