Upcoming Chapter Events
- Launching December 7th at Have Yourself A Very Geeky Christmas: The Postcard Project
London Loveiosa are launching a new campaign created to spread love, hope and equality to strangers across the world – through the power of postcards.
The idea is simple, wherever you are, you buy a postcard and write a message on the back, this can be a story, a quote, or a message you want to share with the world and leave it somewhere for a stranger to find and brighten up their day.You can do this in your own towns, or when you’re travelling, in the UK or abroad. You can even post one to a friend.
London Loveiosa will be releasing 6 postcard designs that you will be able to buy for 50p each (plus P&P) with profits going towards future campaigns, however you can use any postcard to write your message on.
You can find out more here – http://londonloveiosa.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-postcard-project.html
- We Are The Districts – November – December 2013
London Loveiosa has been split in two for the We Are The Districts Campaign, with one half focusing of Homelessness (District 2) and the other focusing on Education and Illiteracy (District 7)
District 2 will be reaching out to those camping in the cold for the world premiere of catching fire this year by bringing them hot tea and The Hunger Games themed baked goods in return for a small donation, all profits of which will go towards St Mungo’s homeless shelter. They will also be taking a leaf out of Hermione’s book and knitting hats, gloves and scarfs to give out to the homeless in London.
District 7 will be collecting unwanted reference and educational books to put away for an event we are hoping to launch later this year. They will also be holding talks and presentations in primary schools across the UK, encouraging young children to read, write, and fundraise for children is less privileged situations that themselves.
- Harry Potter Carolling!
In December, our chapter will be wading our way through the slushy streets of London to bring joy to a number of households with our Christmas Carols! Mixed in with a few Wrock songs of course! We’ll be taking along donation buckets in case anyone is feeling particularly in the christmas spirit!
Our major accomplishments include:
- Flourish and Blotts One Stop Book Drop by Platform 9 3/4, Kings Cross Station, London – we were able to raise almost 2000 books to donate to charities across our community including homeless shelters and children’s hospitals. We also received £600 in donations towards future campaigns.
- Chapter Cup winners 2013, During the EFTW campaign this year London Loveiosa were the chapter who shared the referral link the most times, and through that link raised the most money for the campaign.
- On October 31st 2013, 20 members of London Loveiosa walked 9 3/4 miles across London, in full costume, in memory of James and Lily Potter and the sacrifice they made for love and equality. We raised over £500 in sponsorship, with money still coming in!
Our Mission as an HPA chapter
Saddened at the lack of UK chapters, London Loveiosa was created to spread the message of Love, Hope and Equality across our community.Inspired by our favourite literature, our mission is to help those less fortunate than ourselves with the power of books.