Are you part of an HPA chapter but want to be even more involved? Are you addicted to the Internet? In love with all things Harry Potter and social change? We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated members to join our volunteer staff!
Looking for a paid position? Then head right over here!
How to Apply:
To apply for a volunteer staff position, send an email to email@example.com with which job you’re applying for in the subject line. Please include:
- A little information about yourself and why you want to join our staff.
- A resume, or explanation of past work experience.
- Estimated number hours per week you can volunteer (minimum: 7 hours)
- Any sample materials you think would be helpful: writing samples, video samples or hyperlinks to your work
Grant Writer – Fundraising Team
The Grant Writer will proactively research grant opportunities for the HPA and its various programs and campaigns, identify worthwhile pursuits, and draft proposals for submission to foundations, corporations, and other grant sources. The Grant Writer will coordinate applications with the Executive Director and initiate appropriate follow-up and reporting with the Director of Operations and Finance.
This position requires an average of 7.5 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Reports to the Executive Director and Director of Operations and Finance.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Work with Director of Operations and Finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by grant sources and as assigned by the Director of Operations and Finance.
- Work with Executive Director and Development Department to identify fundable programs within HPA and Imagine Better and to develop case statements for each program.
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy sessions with Development Department.
- Assist Director of Operations and Finance with grant tracking and reporting.
- Work with Director of Operations and Finance and Development Department to provide input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, the WAND, etc.).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as needed.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong copy editing skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Desire to work with a bunch of wizard people and nerds to decrease worldsuck.
- Enthusiastic, optimistic attitude; unafraid to put passion and geekiness on display.
- Reports to the Resource Development Team Leader.
- Contributes to the development of resources for all aspects of the Chapters Program, including everyday organizational functions, activities, community engagement, leadership development and transitions, and so forth.
- Contributes to the development of specialized resources for current HPA campaigns.
- Contributes to the development of resources for all special programs associated with HPA Chapters, including the Granger Grant, Granger Leadership Academy, etc.
- Performs additional tasks, as delegated by the Resource Development Team Leader.
- Has experience with Harry Potter Alliance chapters, either as a Chapter Organizer or a member
- Possesses excellent writing and communication skills
- Does not mind working in a remote environment.
- Wears their passion and nerdiness on their sleeve.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT TEAM MEMBER
Resource Development Team Members contribute to the development of resources for all aspects of the HPA Chapters Program, helping the RD Team Leader to ensure that resources are informative, high in quality, and effectively worded for utilization by HPA chapters.
The ideal candidate:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.