Halfway to 50k: Why You All Wrock
Last Thursday, as the HPA staff took up their weapons (love and social media, of course) and set out on an epic mission (Equality FTW), we could never have imagined just how awesome all of our members are.
I mean, we knew you were awesome. But we underestimated the awesome a little bit.
You have floored us at every stage of this fundraiser. We were anxious to meet our goal of $15,000 by the end of Sunday, but we needn’t have feared. You guys helped us reach that goal long before Sunday was over (in fact, we passed that milestone about ten seconds before an all-staff meeting. I’m amazed we didn’t break Skype with our celebrations).
Today, you have helped us reach another phenomenal milestone. Just moments ago, we passed the $25,000 mark.
Witches and wizards, we are officially halfway to our goal on our Equality FTW fundraiser! And we couldn’t have done it without YOUR help!
The enthusiasm you have shown thus far on the campaign has been astounding and uplifting. We’ve seen HPA members stepping up and donating proceeds from their own art projects. Last night, we had our first Livestream for the fundraiser (with more to happen tonight and tomorrow), and the excitement was contagious.
But the fundraiser is not over. There’s still more to do, and we are pretty confident that with YOUR general awesomeness, we’ll be able to make this happen.
In case you missed it, we’ve put several new perks up on the Equality FTW indiegogo over the last few days. (And they’re pretty awesome perks. I know this, because the staffers get just as excited as all of you when we find out about them.)
- 1776: A History in Tweets–The story of the American Revolution, told in Tweets that have never and will never actually be tweeted by Maureen Johnson.
- Evanna Lynch Signed Books–Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) is going to sign copies of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, highlight her favorite passage, AND add a smiley face. (Only 11 left!)
- Joe Moses Costume Piece–Now you can own a piece of a costume actually worn by Joe Moses of Starkid (and he’ll include a certified signature).
- Signed Starkid Poster–Only 24 left!
- Starkid Original Doodle–You can own a Starkid doodle of your very own, done by members of the cast (three of which will be done by Darren Criss). There are only 14 left.
- Evanna’s Phoenix Pendant–An original design by Evanna Lynch worn as an earring at the Dublin premiere of Order of the Phoenix. (Only 3 left!)
Tonight, join us over on the Livestream for a wrock party with the one and only Harry and the Potters. And who knows what could happen while we’re all dancing around?
So keep helping us spread the word and keep being awesome! We’re so excited you have helped get us this far! Thank you, thank you, thank you!